Friday, October 2, 2015

Continuous Prayer

I'll be honest...my prayer life could use some work. I tend to keep my prayers very conversational in tone since that's how I feel most comfortable speaking to God. But if I'm having a conversation with a friend here on Earth, I'm pretty sure that I would talk with them about more than just 'blessing my food' and granting me traveling mercies.

And God's not a magical genie either, where I can just ask and have my prayers answered - I know that. But I also know that God responds when you come to Him in desperation, knowing that you've tried all that you can and nothing else has worked. I know that God works best when I humble myself before Him, admit my weaknesses and rely solely on His strength.

I received some bad news today that made me drop to my knees and just pray. I didn't know what else to do. I just stopped and said, "Why God? Why?" I knew there was nothing I could do to change the situation. I had to rely on Jesus.

That's when I realized the power of continuous prayer for my family and friends.

Although I don't have the power to change what happens to my family, I know who does. He holds the whole world in His hands. Shoot - God made the world! It's reassuring to know that He is looking out for every last one of us all of the time. There's no need to worry. God's got us, and He's got the situation under control.

Stay prayerful, my friends!

No comments: