Monday, October 5, 2015

Strategic Plan for 2015

Let me take the opportunity to explain why I chose family as my topic for the #Write31Days challenge.

At the beginning of the year, my pastor Keith Battle encouraged us all to create a "Strategic Plan" for 2015. He had us write goals and plans for 6 categories: Faith, Fitness, Finances, Family, Friendship, and Fun. (You can watch the sermon here!)

Most of my goals were simple... Regularly attend worship at Zion Church, pay for my wedding without going into debt, stay connected with my church's small group, etc. You know, the stuff I'm supposed to do.

My family goals seemed easy enough, too. (1) Communicate with my family more often (2) Spend quality time with James at least once per week (3) Visit my family at least once per quarter.

While I have been in communication with my family this year, I'm not sure how much of that communication has been purposeful. That could use some work. Hence, part of the reason why I started this challenge. Secondly, James and I have implemented a weekly Date Night to ensure that we spend quality time together. We've done coffee dates, bowling and movie nights just to name a few. Lastly, I'm on track for visiting my family once per quarter, but I'd like to do more of that as well. I got to see all of my family at my wedding last month and man that was a treat!

So there you have it. That's why I'm focusing on family in this blog.

How do you feel about creating a Strategic Plan for the year? Do you think you'll follow it? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments: