Saturday, October 3, 2015

Friends are family, too!

My husband and I just got back from a wedding in the mountains of Maryland, where we got to witness our friends Megan and Brady their exchange vows. It was a beautiful ceremony filled with love. Megan and I have been friends since the beginning of college and it was so amazing to see her today at her wedding. We have all really grown up.

During the cocktail hour, I met up with some of our other friends from college and I started thinking...these folks are more than just my friends. We have a common bond together - we are family.

We all got to talking, and it seems like most of us are living in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. So we started making plans to see each other again, y'know, before all of the married couples in our group of friends start having kids!

All of this to say...I spent four years in college with these guys. When I was away from my own flesh and blood, these folks became my family. And 8 years later, here we are, all together again. I wouldn't trade my Virginia Tech friends for anything.

LET'S GO! HOKIES!

No comments: