Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Stroll Down Memory Lane

My husband and I are moving to a new apartment, so tonight we started packing up boxes. He did the kitchen and pantry while I tackled the spare room upstairs. As I was sorting through it all, I realized that I am the bearer of most of my family's memories. I have pictures of all of us: myself, my 3 siblings, my parents...

Every family vacation to the beach. Every year of school pictures. Every silly face my brother made at the camera!

It's amazing how looking at old photos can take you down memory lane. I found myself saying 'I remember that!' and wishing I could go back to the old days.

Even more amazing is seeing how much everyone has changed over the years. My younger sister is all grown up now with a husband and child of her own. My brother who used to be the annoying little hyperactive boy is now a 20-year old college student and a fantastic photographer. (Seriously - if you need a photographer, check him out!) My baby sister isn't such a baby anymore; now she's a 7th grader who plays lacrosse and takes guitar lessons!

Just like the song says, "When I look back over my life, and I think things over, I can truly say that I've been blessed."

No comments: